Wed, 06 Mar|
Vertretung des Landes NRW bei der EU
EAC PARLIAMENTARY EVENING
European election ahead: Roadmap to sustainable and affordable mobility
Time & Venue
06 Mar 2024, 19:00 – 22:30
Vertretung des Landes NRW bei der EU, Rue Montoyer 47, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
About the event
All new cars registered in Europe will be zero-emission by 2035.
The current EU regulation focuses exclusively on tailpipe emissions.
In fact, this means a ban on internal combustion vehicles and a one-sided focus on electric vehicles.
- What does this mean for consumers' individual mobility and for a timely transition to climate-neutral mobility?
- Is the EU driving in a single lane towards a mobility dead end or in multiple lanes towards climate neutrality?
Together with EAC-member eFuel Alliance e.V. we would like to undertake a reality check:
- What was planned?
- What has been achieved so far?
- What are the next steps?
Three months before the European elections we will discuss these and other questions with our panelists, MEPs and
representatives from the automotive sector:
- Ulrich Selzer, Automotive Expert
- MEP Jan-Christoph Oetjen, RENEW, Vice Chair Committee on Transport and Tourism (TRAN)
- MEP Thomas Rudner, S&D, Member Committee on Transport and Tourism (TRAN)
- Holger Küster, President, EAC European Automobile Clubs
- Algara Castle, Head of EU-Affairs, eFuel Alliance e.V.
- Mitja Schulz, Head Brussels Office, VDA
We would like to cordially invite you to join us!
This is a professional event with a selected audience. Participation is only possible after prior registration.
The invitation is personal and non-transferable. Limited places are available.
Registered guests will receive an admission card with personal QR-Code.
Please present a print out of the admission card or the QR-Code on your mobile device at the entrance.
We look forward to your participation!
This event may be documented by picture and video cameras.
By participating you declare to agree that these pictures and video recordings may be used and published.
- Ticket type